Covid-19 - Update

During this difficult period Permits2work is still open for business to help you with your Immigration needs. Our caseworkers are working from home, fully supported by our legal clerks who are still in the office.

Please call us for any assistance and please stay safe.

Skilled worker visa

“To sponsor skilled workers within your business”.

There are several different types of Work visas available, each granted against different criteria – but all requiring that you (the employer) hold a valid sponsorship licence and the individual is in possession of a clear job offer.

Here, you will find details of each Work visa type, along with information on how we can help you bring about a successful application. If you’re not sure which category best applies to you, just give us a call on 01793 836010 and one of our team will be happy to advise on your Work visa.

Skilled Worker Visa

Skilled Worker visas enable you to sponsor skilled foreign workers in the UK, allowing them to take up employment within your business.

The Skilled Worker route is the main immigration route for overseas nationals who wish to work in the UK (including UK waters). It allows UK-based employers to recruit overseas workers to fill a wide range of skilled vacancies in the UK.

A Skilled Worker must have a job offer in an eligible skilled occupation from a Home Office-approved sponsor. Eligible jobs are generally those which involve a variety of work activities, which may be complex. They are likely to include considerable responsibility and autonomy, and may include managing others. The job must normally be skilled to level 3 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) for England and Northern Ireland, or the equivalent level in Wales or Scotland. This does not mean the worker has to have a level 3 qualification, but the job will involve the application of knowledge and skills at that level.

You can also sponsor eligible healthcare professionals for the Health and Care visa, which is a special subcategory of the Skilled Worker route.

All jobs sponsored on this route must meet the Skilled Worker salary requirements.

Skilled workers can bring their family members (partner and children) to the UK and can apply to settle in the UK after 5 years’ continuous lawful residence on this (or another eligible) route.

Global Business Mobility Visa

Operate a multi-national business? The Global Business Mobility visa helps you transfer employees from your international offices to your UK branch.

International Sportsperson Visa

The International Sportsperson visa allows international sportspeople to ply their profession with sports clubs in the UK. We count Premier League football clubs among our clients.

Minister of Religion Visa

The Minister of Religion visa enables ministers, preachers, missionaries and members of a religious order to work among their faith community in the UK.

Skilled Worker Shortage Occupations

Skilled Worker Shortage Occupation Visas enable your organisation to fill roles recognised by the Home Office as being in national short supply.

Skilled Worker Visa General Free Assessment

Under GDPR, we require your consent


Our experts manage initial applications, extensions and provide consultancy services for Global Business Mobility applications.