Covid-19 - Update

During this difficult period Permits2work is still open for business to help you with your Immigration needs. Our caseworkers are working from home, fully supported by our legal clerks who are still in the office.

Please call us for any assistance and please stay safe.

Fiancé visa / Proposed Civil Partner

A fiancé visa enables you to come to the UK to marry (or register a civil partnership) with your partner who is already living or planning to settle in the UK

Our team has extensive experience in making successful applications for fiancé and proposed civil partner visas from overseas successfully.

Call us on 01793 836010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right for a Free Assessment.

Fiancé visa / Proposed Civil Partner Visas in more detail

You must show you have met your partner (a British citizen or ‘settled’ person), and intend to live together permanently.

You may be required to take a recognised English test, unless an exemption applies. 

The £29,000 financial requirement can be met in several ways. The evidence will vary based on your income type i.e. salaried and/or non-salaried employment, self-employment, cash savings or pension.

Not all sources can be combined, and exclusions may apply – we advise based on your personal circumstances.

Towards the end of this period, you can apply to switch category as the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen or a person settled in the UK.

Fiancé visa / Civil Partner Free Assessment

Under GDPR, we require your consent


Our experts can manage your case on your behalf, ensuring you receive full and correct advice throughout, giving your application the best chance for success. Call us on 01793 836 010 or complete our Enquiry form.