Covid-19 - Update

During this difficult period Permits2work is still open for business to help you with your Immigration needs. Our caseworkers are working from home, fully supported by our legal clerks who are still in the office.

Please call us for any assistance and please stay safe.

Tier 2

Minister of Religion

“A Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa allows religious workers to take up employment within their faith community”

If your organisation or religious order is seeking to employ a non-EEA religious worker in the UK, we’ll help you manage the visa application from start to finish. We have years of experience in this field, and can offer clear, practical advice to bring about the right result.

Call us on 01793 836010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right for a Free Assessment.

Tier 2 Minister of Religion visas in more detail

The person you intend to sponsor should be undertaking preaching and pastoral work, Missionary work, or be a Member of a Religious Order.

Preaching and pastoral duties include leading worship regularly, giving religious education, officiating at services, counselling and welfare support. It may also include recruitment, training and co-ordinating the work of local volunteers and lay preachers.

Missionary work may include preaching and teaching. It can also include organisation of missionary activities (for senior posts) and translating religious texts.

Members of a Religious Order must undertake work within that order itself, or outside work directed by the order.

To sponsor an individual under the Tier 2 Minister of Religion visa cateory, you must have a valid sponsor licence and must complete the Resident Labour Market test (unless an exemption applies). The individual, meanwhile, will need to prove their knowledge of English, and have enough personal savings to support themselves and any dependants at the time of application.

Extension applications

If you’re continuing to work for the same employer as per your original application, you may be able to extend your Tier 2 General visa. We can assess your case and give you the right advice from the outset.

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Following 5 years continuous and lawful stay as a Tier 2 Minister of Religion, an application can be made for Indefinite Leave to Remain. Evidence of employment will be required as part of the application.

Skilled Worker Visa Minister of Religion Free Assessment

Are you applying within the UK?

Under GDPR, we require your consent


Whether you’re making an initial Tier 2 Minister of Religion application, extension/renewal or require consultancy services our experts can help.