Changes to Police Registration

Nationals of certain countries are required to register with the police if they intend to come to the UK for longer than 6 months, extend their current leave or switch to a different visa.

Police RegistrationThose who are currently already in the UK will be notified of the requirement by a letter from the Home Office when their leave to remain application has been successful.

Applicants applying to come to the UK from overseas will see the police registration requirement appear on the 30-day entry visa vignette (a sticker in your passport).  It will no longer appear on Biometric Residence Permits.

Applicants must show the vignette, along with the letter from the Home Office approving the application for leave, to the police when registering and within seven days of entering the UK.

If you need help with an application or have any other immigration matter you need assistance with, please give us a call on 01793 836010 or email us at