Covid-19 - Update

During this difficult period Permits2work is still open for business to help you with your Immigration needs. Our caseworkers are working from home, fully supported by our legal clerks who are still in the office.

Please call us for any assistance and please stay safe.

FamilyFor EU citizens wanting to continue living in the UK after the UK leaves the EU, you will need to apply for ‘settled status’ through the EU Settlement Scheme.

The scheme will open fully by 30 March 2019 however your rights will not change until 2021 so there is no need to apply for status as soon as the scheme opens. This scheme ensures your rights are protected after Brexit and enables you to continue living as you do now. It also covers family members.

The deadline for applying will be 30 June 2021. It may be possible to apply after this date if joining a family member in the UK.

Getting settled status means that you can continue to live and work in the UK for as long as you like. It will also mean you’re eligible for:

  • public services, such as healthcare and schools
  • public funds and pensions
  • British Citizenship if you meet the requirements

To be eligible for settled status, you need to be:

  • An EU citizen, or family member of an EU citizen
  • Living in the UK continuously for 5 years
  • Living in the UK before 31 December 2020

If you’ve lived in the UK for less than 5 years, you may be eligible for ‘pre-settled status’.

If you are a non-EU citizen, you will need to show your relationship to the EU citizen living in the UK.

Full details of the scheme are still subject to approval by Parliament including the fees which will be:

£65 for all who are 16 years or over
£32.50 for all under the age of 16
Free if you already have valid indefinite leave to remain or permanent residence, or if you are applying from pre-settled status to settled status.

Permits2Work can assist with all EEA applications. If you need assistance with your application, or would like a free assessment of your circumstances, please contact us here.