Covid-19 - Update

During this difficult period Permits2work is still open for business to help you with your Immigration needs. Our caseworkers are working from home, fully supported by our legal clerks who are still in the office.

Please call us for any assistance and please stay safe.

EEA Nationals

European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their non-EEA family members to live and work in the UK.

We understand that it can be daunting to make an application without legal assistance. We will manage your application, complete all the paperwork and submit your application to the Home Office, providing you with full guidance and instruction throughout.

Call us on 01793 836010 or complete our quick Enquiry form on the right for a Free Assessment.

EEA nationals and non-EEA family members in more detail

All EEA and Swiss nationals are free to live and work in the UK without requiring a separate work permission (known as a right of residence) they can enter the UK freely until Brexit on the 31st December 2020.  Once in the UK EU Nationals have until 30th June 2021 to apply for Pre-Settled Status to remain in the UK.  From the 1st January 2021  EU citizens will require a Skilled Worker Scheme Visa to work in the UK.

Your ‘direct’ or ‘extended’ non-EEA family members can also apply to join or remain in the UK with you. Direct family member/s are not required to apply for an EEA family permit or residence card, although it does allow them to prove their right to live and work in the UK. Your direct family members include your spouse or civil partner, children under 21 years, and any dependant parent or grandparent.

Extended family members must always have a valid EEA family permit or residence card. Your extended family members include an unmarried partner or any other dependant relative. Dependant relatives must show their ongoing dependency on you or a member of your household before you came to the UK, to date. Alternatively, you can apply if that relative strictly requires your personal care on serious health grounds.

You may be able to apply for a ‘derivative residence card’ if you are the primary carer of someone who has the right to live in the UK (or the primary carer’s child). It may also be possible if you are the child of an EEA national and currently in UK education.

Any application must be supported with original evidence which includes evidence of identity, your relationship with that family member and your ongoing status as a qualified person. We can manage your application, providing clear guidance and instruction throughout.

Extension applications

An EEA family permit is issued for six months initially when applied from overseas. This can be extended into Pre-Settled for a further 5 years.

Settled Status

You may be able to apply for Settled Status following five years continuous stay in this category as an EEA national or family member to stay in the UK permanently. 

EEA Family member refusals

We have extensive experience with eea family permit guidance. If you have been refused an application for an EEA registration certificate, EEA family permit, residence card or permanent residence; please provide a copy of the refusal letter to help us assess what options are available and how we can help. Please email this too

EEA Nationals Free Assessment

Under GDPR, we require your consent